History Today (Vol. ...
History Today (Vol. 12: 2011)Journal of the Indian History and Culture Society by: Vandana Kaushik
History Today is a journal devoted to History, Historical Archaeology, Studies of Manuscripts, Education, Literature, Linguistics, etc. The present volume is a reprint of an earlier issue containing ten articles written by eminent historians and art lovers.
Year Of Publication: 2011
Pages : 106p.
Language : English
Binding : Paperback
Publisher: Indian History and Culture Society
Size: 28 cm.
History Today is an official organ of the Indian History and Culture Society that is sincerely and single-mindedly devoted to history, historical archaeology, studies of manuscripts, education, literature, linguistics, etc.
The present volume, being a reprint of an earlier issue, contains eight articles written by eminent historians and art lovers. The subjects vary from Pattern of Urban Growth in northern India; shifting contours of Temple Patronage in Rajasthan; Tawaif and Khawas in erstwhile Hyderabad State; Islam and Islamic Iconoclasm in India; Prof. Habibs reaction to ASIs Report on Ayodhya; a critique of Habibs reaction; Rejection of Caste Inequalities by the Sikh Gurus; and use of Plastering Materials in Ancient India. The volume also carries Notes, News and New Source Material on the above topics.
The annual History Today journal has already published eight issues consecutively and has received high acclaim among historians, researchers and students.
1.Urbanization and Socio-Economic Changes in Medieval and Early Colonial Period of Indian History: Presidential Address
— I.P. Gupta
2. Caste, Occupation and Gender Bias in the Mudraraksasa and its Derivation from Kautilyas Arthsastra
— Aditi Singh
3. Theory of Optimum Utilisation of Resources in Agriculture during the Gupta Period
— Ankit Agarwal
4. Architectural Survey of the Mandapika Temples at Thubonji, District Ashoknagar, Madhya Pradesh
— Ranbeer Singh and Goutami Bhattacharya
5. Relations between the Chishtis and the Sultans of Delhi: Some Observations
— Vandana Kaushik
6. Raudra Rasa Sculptures in Hoyasala Temples and Cannons of Bharatas Natyasastra
— Rohitha Eswer
7. Amir Khusrau: Gender Perspective
— Saroj Gulati
8. Delhi: Through the Eyes of Medieval Indian Historians 13th and 14th Century Imagery of Delhi
— Archana Ojha
9. Turkish Bath in Sarai Doraha: A Study in Medieval Architecture
— Sanjay Subodh and Chand Singh
10. Gender Equality and Response to Gender Issues in Guru Nanak Bani
— Surjit Kaur Jolly
11. Thankacheri Port – An Ancient Maritime Gateway on the South-West Coast of India
— A Sajna
12. Gujarati Stone Inscription from Socotra
— Bharati Shelat
13. Growth of Cochi as an Urban Centre in Medieval Kerala
— T.P. Sankarankutty Nair
14. Indians in Bangkok and their Enterprise
— Sophana Srichampa
Academic Activities of Indian History and Culture Society
Report of the XXXIV Annual Conference of Indian History and Culture Society
Bauddha Sahitye mein Bhartiya Sanskrit
— Yogender Singh, Parmanand Singh, Amar Singh and Umesh Singh (Eds.), Ankit Agarwal
Jharkhand ke Abhilekho ka Sanskritik Adhyayan
— Ojha, Devendra Nath, Ankit Agarwal
Chhattisgarh ki Sthapatya Kala (Sarguja zile ke vishesh sandarbha mein)
— Dr. Kamta Prasad Verma, Goutami Bhattacharya