History Today (Vol. ...
History Today (Vol. 10: 2009)Journal of the Indian History and Culture Society by: Vandana Kaushik
History Today is a journal devoted to History, Historical Archaeology, Studies of Manuscripts, Education, Literature, Linguistics, etc. The present volume is a reprint of an earlier issue containing ten articles written by eminent historians and art lovers.
Year Of Publication: 2009
Pages : 94p.
Language : English
Binding : Paperback
Publisher: Indian History and Culture Society
Size: 28 cm.
History Today is an official organ of the Indian History and Culture Society that is sincerely and single-mindedly devoted to history, historical archaeology, studies of manuscripts, education, literature, linguistics, etc.
The present volume, being a reprint of an earlier issue, contains eight articles written by eminent historians and art lovers. The subjects vary from Pattern of Urban Growth in northern India; shifting contours of Temple Patronage in Rajasthan; Tawaif and Khawas in erstwhile Hyderabad State; Islam and Islamic Iconoclasm in India; Prof. Habibs reaction to ASIs Report on Ayodhya; a critique of Habibs reaction; Rejection of Caste Inequalities by the Sikh Gurus; and use of Plastering Materials in Ancient India. The volume also carries Notes, News and New Source Material on the above topics.
The annual History Today journal has already published eight issues consecutively and has received high acclaim among historians, researchers and students.
1. The Historiography of Orissan Art : Presidential Address
— P.K. Nayak
2. Origin of the Subject of Arthasastra
— S.R. Goyal
3. Greco-Roman and Hellenistic Elements in the Sculptural and Terracotta Art of Mauryan Period
— Vinay Kumar
4. Perception of History in Ancient India: A Study of Rajatarangini and Mushikavamsa
— T.P. Sankarankutty Nair
5. Milindapanha: An Epitome of Ideological Change in Buddhism
— Renu Shukla
6. Art and Iconography of Chausath Yogini Images at Hirapur
— Jayanti Dora
7. The Cultural Implication and the Antiquity of the Naga Worship in Kerala
— P. Rajendran & A. Sajna
8. Buddhism and Maritime Trade of Orissa
— Atula Kumar Pradhan
9. A Splendid Contribution to Art and Architecture by a small kingdom in Malnad, Karnataka
— A. Sundara
10. Marriage by Proxy through Symbolic Presentation of Sword
— Anita Gupta
11. The Glory of Trade, Culture and State: Interaction and Impact in Pre-Colonial Orissa with South-East Asia
— K.N. Sethi
12. Baton Blows and Rise of Jawaharlal
— Manisha Pandey
13. Jinnah, Two-Nation Theory and the Break-up of Pakistan in 1971
— Y. Krishan
14. Opposition to the Home Rule Demand: A Critical Study
— Shalini Pathak
15. Historical Strengths and Conflicts in Indian Educational Structure: Institutional versus Inspirational, Essential versus External
— Ritu Chowdhary
Notes, News & New Source Material
Report of the 3rd SSEASR Conference
Report of the National Seminar on Contemporary Affairs and Issues: Concerns and Management
Academic Activities of Indian History & Culture Society
Report of the XXXII Annual Conference of Indian History and Culture Society
Land and taxation system during the Mughal age
(Collected Works of Professor B.R. Grover – Vol. 4)
— B.R. Grover, 2009 – Anita Khatri
The Wandering Sufis: Qalandars and their Path
— Kumkum Srivastava, 2009 – Kulbir Kaur
New Life Members