Dr Vandana Kaushik, General Secretary of Indian History and Culture Society and editor- in-chief of History Today, is a senior Reader in the Department of History, Shyama Prasad Mukherjee College, University of Delhi. She has published more than a dozen research papers in various academic journals and has attended and presided several National and International academic conferences. Her area of specialization is Medieval Indian History.
Life Member – Indian History and Culture Society, New Delhi.
Organising Secretary – Indian History and Culture Society, New Delhi, 1999-2002
General Secretary – Indian History and Culture Society, New Delhi, 2002 – continuing
1. Role of some villages of Delhi in the freedom movement. In Essays in Indian History and Culture, New Delhi, 1986.
2. Freedom struggle (of rural Delhi) in Gazetteor of Rural Delhi, 2987.
3. Hyderabad in early nineteenth century. Salar Jung Museum Research Journal, Vol. 27-28: 1990-91.
4. Influence of Mughal Court on Hyderabadi Culture. Salar Jung Museum Research Journal, Vol. 29-30: 1992-93.
5. Hyderabad in pre-salar Jung period in Dimensions in Indian History and Archaeology, New Delhi, 1993.
6. Impact of Babur’s arrival on Indian attitude towards art and life. In Historical and Cultural Links between India and Uzbekistan, Patna, 1996.
7. Faqirs and darveshs in Hyderabad during Nizam’s rule. History Today, Vol. I: 2000.
8. Court life under Nizam-ul-Mulk Asaf Jah I of the Hyderabad State, History Today, Vol. 2: 2001.
9. Famine and popular revolts in Hyderabad State (1792-1832), History Today, Vol. 3: 2002.
10. Swaraj in Gandhian thought, Gandhi Marg July/Sept. 2002.
11. Twaif and Khawas in Hyderabad State: A gender perspective, History Today, Vol. 4: 2003.
12. Salt Satyagraha in the rural areas of Delhi. In Idealogy and leadership during Indian freedom struggle, Meerut, 2004.
13. Armed peasantry of North India during 16th century. History Today, Vol. 6: 2005.
14. Prices and Wages in early 19th century Hyderabad State, History Today, Vol. 7: 2006.
15. Hyderabad in 1857 and Salar Jung I. History Today, Vol. 8: 2007.
16. Impact of Babur on Indian History: A reassassment. History Today, Vol. 9: 2008.
|There are no products|