History Today (Vol. ...
History Today (Vol. 9: 2008)Journal of the Indian History and Culture Society by: Vandana Kaushik
History Today is a journal devoted to History, Historical Archaeology, Studies of Manuscripts, Education, Literature, Linguistics, etc. The present volume is a reprint of an earlier issue containing ten articles written by eminent historians and art lovers.
Year Of Publication: 2008
Pages : 110p.
Language : English
Binding : Paperback
Publisher: Indian History and Culture Society
Size: 28 cm.
History Today is an official organ of the Indian History and Culture Society that is sincerely and single-mindedly devoted to history, historical archaeology, studies of manuscripts, education, literature, linguistics, etc.
The present volume, being a reprint of an earlier issue, contains eight articles written by eminent historians and art lovers. The subjects vary from Pattern of Urban Growth in northern India; shifting contours of Temple Patronage in Rajasthan; Tawaif and Khawas in erstwhile Hyderabad State; Islam and Islamic Iconoclasm in India; Prof. Habibs reaction to ASIs Report on Ayodhya; a critique of Habibs reaction; Rejection of Caste Inequalities by the Sikh Gurus; and use of Plastering Materials in Ancient India. The volume also carries Notes, News and New Source Material on the above topics.
The annual History Today journal has already published eight issues consecutively and has received high acclaim among historians, researchers and students.
1. Reconstructing the Past: Inputs from Archaeology: Presidential Address
— Vibha Tripathi
2. Ushering an era of Social Change in Punjab in the 19th Century: Prof. B.R. Grover Memorial Lecture
— Surjit Kaur Jolly
3.Evidences of Asava Pana in Early Buddhist Period
— Vinay Kumar Rao
4. Ancient Irrigation Technology in Tamil Nadu: with Special Reference of Sluice Technology
— K. Rajan
5. Fabulous Aerial Animal Motifs in Kushana Art
— Vinay Kumar G
6. Arail: A Historical and Cultural Profile
— D.P. Dubey & Ashish K. Dubey
7. Maritime Heritage of orissa with Special Reference to Prachi Valley
— Atula Kumar Pradhan
8.Hindu-Buddhist Conflict in the Chachnama: Fact or Fiction?
— Dileep Karanth
9. Impact of babur on Indian History: A Re-assessment
— Vandana Kaushik
10. Perceiving Landscape: Regional Identity Formations in Early Modern India
— Mayank Kumar
11. Mazzinian Model for the Indian REvolutionaries during Indian Freedom Struggle
— Gita Srivastava
12. The Language Controversy: Hindi Urdu Conflict
— Y. Krishan
13. History and Traits of bramanical Culture in Thailand
— Amarjiva Lochan
14. A Critical Appreciation of a Ritual Bangle
— P.K. Nayak
15. Pilgrim Sites of Reasi in Jammu — A March Towards Cultural Integration
— Poonam Chaudhary
16. Understanding Indian Culture
— Lakhan Mehrotra
Notes, News & New Source Material
Academic Activities of Indian History & Culture Society