1944, Male , Indian , Retd. Lecturer/Engaged in Literary and Cultural Activities
Dr. Krishna Kanta Handique is a reputed scholar of Sanskrit and folk literature who has presented research papers and represented the country in world conferences. His published works are Dvatrishaputtalika, Nagananda, Drama by Shriharsha, Uduyana: Vasavadutta and Bohe Brahmadaka Bhedi.
1. Plaque of Honour – 4th All India Multilingual Children’s Play Dance Festival, Cuttak Orissa, 5th Dec. 2004.
2. Recognised Artist, Dibrugarh, All India Radio (Lokosangeet, 1995).
3. Recognised Artist, A.I.R. Guwahati.
4. Doordarshan Annual Awards – 2007 for Bihu Dance by Prasar Bharati.
5. Recognition with Gold Medal, Auniati satra, Jorhat, Assam.
6. Attended Xth World Sanskrit Conference, 1997, Taralabalu, Bangalore.
7. Attended 17th International Conference, India Studies Centre, Thammasat University, Bangkok, Thailand, in the year 2000.
8. International Ramayana Conference, Srimanta Sankardev Kalakshetra, Guwahati.