Sanskrit and Develop...
Sanskrit and Development of World ThoughtProceedings of The International Seminar on the Contribution of Sanskrit to Development of World Thought by: V. Kutumba Sastry
The book, proceedings of an international seminar, contains fourteen high-value research papers. It delves deep into the contributions of Sanskrit across varied fields of the knowledge system like linguistics, phonetics, philosophy, mathematics, grammar, medicine, ecology, management, Natya, public administration, poetry and poetics, among others.
Year Of Publication: 2014
Pages : xxiv, 230p.
Language : English
Binding : Hardcover
Publisher: D.K. Printworld Pvt. Ltd.
This volume, a compilation of fourteen research papers of high value, presented at an international seminar organized by the Rajiv Gandhi Campus of Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, Srngeri, highlights the contribution of Sanskrit to the development of world thought.
The first available text of the entire human race is Rigveda, and it is in Sanskrit. Since then the text-writing tradition of Sanskrit through ages has significantly contributed to the world thought, be it philosophy, mathematics, astronomy, grammar, medicine, ecology, public administration, poetry and poetics, among many other branches. Taking a cue from such a historical lineage, this volume showcases topics the contributions of ancient Indian thinkers to linguistics; some speculations on the contribution of Sanskrit to the world thought; significance of Ramayana in world literature; Sanskrits influence on Western phonetics; arthamatralaghava; elements of ecology in Ramayana; techniques of Theodor Stcherbatsky and his followers in translating Sanskrit philosophical texts; Sanskrits contribution to conscious studies; donation and value: its concept and expansion; Abhinavaguptas sarvamsarvatmakam; management wisdom which permeates in Sanskrit texts; twists and turns of Yoga in America; perspective of inspirational leadership from Gita; and reception of Natya in Europe, specifically in Croatia.
The icing on the cake is that the book presents research papers of the top three Sanskrit scholars of the world. This, with other scholarly articles, makes the volume a collectors choice.
Foreword A.P. Sachidananda
Preface Vempaty Kutumba Sastry
Acknowledgement Vempaty Kutumba Sastry
1. Some Contributions of Ancient Indian Thinkers to Linguistics
2. Some Speculations on the Contribution of Sanskrit to the Development of World Thought
3. The Ramayana in World Literature
4. The Sanskrit Phonetic Tradition and Western Phonetics
Hans Henrich Hock
6. The Ramayana and the Elements of Ecology
7. Theodor Stcherbatsky and His Followers on Translation of Sanskrit Philosophical Texts
8. Contribution of Sanskrit to World Thought: The Case of Consciousness Studies
Anindita Niyogi Balslev
9. Donation as a Value: Concept and Expansion
Satya Pal Narang
10. Sarvam Sarvatmakam: Abhinavaguptas Interpretation of the Maxim
Bettina Bäumer Sharada
11. Wisdom from the Sanskrit Texts for Management
S. Ram Mohan
12. Yoga in America: Twists and Turns
13. Inspirational Leadership: Perspectives from Gita
14. The Reception of Natya in Europe with Special Reference to Its Reception in Croatia
Klara Gönc Moa?anin