Role of Culture in D...
Role of Culture in Developmentby: Kapila Vatsyayan
This book covers a spectrum of topics related to culture and development that Dr Kapila Vatsyayan presented on different occasions and platforms. Economic development programmes should be inclusive of cultural and educational programmes, and should have a universal value.
Year Of Publication: 2018
Pages : xi, 224
Bibliographic Details : Index
Language : English
Binding : Hardcover
Publisher: D.K. Printworld Pvt. Ltd.
This book covers a spectrum of topics related to culture and development that Dr Kapila Vatsyayan presented on different occasions and platforms. Culture has a wide meaning and varied interpretations. The term development is equally loaded and complex. Both the terms mean different to different persons. Development sans cultural values and ethos makes no sense. Therefore, interlinking of developmental programmes with cultural and educational programmes is imperative.
The volume thus discusses topics such as underlying concepts of the Indian cultural heritages; cultural configuration; profiling of cultural development; cultural tourism, its scope and impacts; new educational policy and the need to incorporate cultural goals in it; cultural osmosis between India and Indonesia; cultural patterns of India; what is culture from the Indian perspective; challenges in institutionalizing culture; cultural relations between India and Indo-China countries; and the contribution of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes for providing a unique identity to Indian culture.
It also deals with Mahatma Gandhis blueprint on development and the report of World Commission on Culture and Development; Lenins role in making culture available to the Soviet masses and speaks about an ecology of human resources; and contributions of the Orientalists and the present status of Oriental institutes, among some other topics.
1. Towards a Cultural Policy
2. Some Underlying Concepts of the Indian Cultural Heritage
3. Cultural Configuration
4. Cultural Development : A Profile
5. Cultural Dimensions of Tourism
6. Cultural Goals of New Educational Policy
7. Cultural Osmosis between India and Indonesia
8. Cultural Patterns of Asia
9. Culture and Development
10. Culture : The Crafting of Institutions
11. Institutionalizing Culture: Contemporary Issues of Administrative Systems
12. Jottings on Indian Culture
13. Lenin and His Role in Making Culture Available to the Masses
14. Perspectives on Cultural Relations between India and Indo-China
15. Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes: An Alternative Approach Indias Indebtedness to Them for Providing a Cultural Identity
16. Toward an Ecology of Human Resources
17. Whither Orientalism?