Recieved many awards including the most prestigious Kendriya Hindi Sansthan, Minstry of HRD Ganga Sharan Singh Award from the President of India in 2007 and also Delhi Hindi Academy award 2009.
Recieved Rashtra Dharma Puraskar of Rs 21,000 from Shri Ananda Mishra Abhay, Lukhnow, 2011
Recieved the Asiatic Society Tagore Plaque in 2016
bechelor B.A., Delhi University, 1956
Master English& Hindi, Delhi University, 1958
Ph. D. A comparative study & Hindi & Bengali literary criticism, Delhi University, 1984
1. Lecuturer, Delhi University 1960 – 1982
2. ICCR Visiting Professor, University of Bucharest 1973 – 1975
3. VGS Professor Vccha Siksha and Soth Sarthan, 1981 – 1983
4. Secretory, Sahitya Akademy 1984 – 1996
5. Minister ( culture) Indian High Commission
Director, Nehru Centre, London 1997 – 2000
6. Member Secretory, IGNCA 2001 – 2004
7. ICCR First Tagore Chair, Edinburg Napier University, Edinburg 2013 – 2015
Fellow & Temenos Akademy, UK Chairman of the Millenium Trust, Kent, UK Member of the 25 member council & the council for Research in Values & Rhilosophy, Washington, Trust Member, Sasta Sahitya Mandal
1. Comaprative Indian Literature Some Persepectives Sterling publisher 1992
2. Tulanatmak Sahitya Ki Bhumika, Nath an Introduction by National publishing house 1983
3. Tulanatmak Sahitya Bharatiya Pariprekshya Vani Prakashan 2014
4. Hindusim: Away & life and a Mode & thought Niyogi Book 2012
5. Indian Renaissance & Rabindranath Tagore Vani Book Company 2019
6. Medieval Indian Legacy : Lingnastic & Literary INGCA Monograph 2012
7. Nirala – Kavya par Bangla ka prabhav Vani Prakshan 2nd ed. 2019
8. Bharatiya Navjagran: Rabindranath Thakur Mahatama
Ghonohi aur Swami Vivekananda Suota Sahitya Mandal 2019
9. Babu Gulahvai Monograph Sahitya Akademi 2011
10. Universally loved: Reception & Tagore in North – East India Progressive publisher 2012
11. The Gynesis & Imagination: Selected Essays on Literature,
Theory, Religion & cluture
12. Tagore’s Vision of Contemporary World (Proceedinga of ICCR organized International Conference on Tagore), Har-Anand, 2015 .
The book was launched by the ICCR President, Professor Lokesh Chandra in the presence of President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee at the President House on 16th May 2016.
13),14), and 15) As Chief Editor of the Encyclopedia of Indian Literature (revised Version) of the Sahitya Akademi (National Academy of Letters) brought out 4 volumns (last in 2019) covering alphabets from A to P.
16. Was Chief Editor of the Hindi Viswa Kosh (Hindi Encylclopedia) of Kendriya Hindi Sansthan, Ministry of Human Resource and Development, Govt. of India. Three volumns on “Bhugol aur Pritivi” , “Ganit” and “Vigyan” were published under my Chief Editorship.
17. Swami Vivekananda: Sanik or Sanyasi: Rajkamal Publications in the press 2020
18. A Socio-Cultural and Literary study of Indian Society: Ancient to Modern (DK Publications, in the press)2020
19. Mohndas Karam Chand Ghandi: Kathak Vachan aur lekh (SSM) 2020
20. Tulanatmak Sahitya: Adhunik Yug, Uttar Adhunik Yug aur Nai Adhunikta Vani Prakshan, 2020 in the press
21. Sparks Fly upword: Three Essays on Aestics, Temenos, London, 1999
More than 50 research papers which include about a dozen papers on Tagore. Specilization: Literature, Theory, Aesthetics, Dramaturgy, Religion, Cultural and Translation studies and Tagore Studies.
|There are no products|