Ethics and Culture...
Ethics and CultureSome Contemporary Indian Reflections Vol. 2 by: Indrani Sanyal
The present anthology is a collection of eleven articles on distinguished thinkers of contemporary India such as Krishna Chandra Bhattacharya, Sri Aurobindo, Binoy Kumar Sarkar, Manabendra Nath Roy, Balaram Hadi, Ramendrasundar Trivedi, Muhammad Iqbal, Debendranath Tagore, Keshub Chandra Sen, Sister Nivedita and Iswar Chandra Vidyasagar.
Year Of Publication: 2015
Edition: 1st edition
Pages : 265
Bibliographic Details : Appendix, Index
Language : English
Binding : Hardcover
Publisher: D.K. Printworld Pvt. Ltd.
The present anthology is a collection of eleven articles on distinguished thinkers of contemporary India about values in general written by the members of the Value Group, Centre of Advanced Study in Philosophy, Jadavpur University. The eleven thinkers whose perspectives are elaborated in this volume are Krishna Chandra Bhattacharya, Sri Aurobindo, Binoy Kumar Sarkar, Manabendra Nath Roy, Balaram Hadi, Ramendrasundar Trivedi, Muhammad Iqbal, Debendranath Tagore, Keshub Chandra Sen, Sister Nivedita and Iswar Chandra Vidyasagar.
In this volume all the authors, in their own ways, are interested to look into the viewpoints of some of the renowned contemporary Indian thinkers to understand their perception of values and their suggested remedies for the elimination of social evils. Each author of this volume has endeavoured to interpret a thinker of his or her choice meticulously and essays are written in plain and simple English.
These profiles should attract the attention of a wide range of audience: from general readers to those of sociology, history and philosophy.
1. Can There Be a Value Judgement?
2. Spiritualism as Contra-Religionism: The Marker of a Culture
3. Asian Unity and Relatedness in the Eyes of Benoy Kumar Sarkar
Atashee Chatterjee Sinha
4. Freedom : A Humanistic Approach of M.N. Roy
5. Balaram Hadis Philosophy of Sexuality
6. Ramendrasundar Trivedi on Self and Others
7. Social Philosophy of Muhammad Iqbal
8. Debendranath Tagore and the Upanishads
Ratna Dutta Sharma
9. Keshub Chandra Sen and His Brahmo Samaj Movements
Samar Kumar Mondal
10. Sister Niveditas Value-Oriented Vision for the Uplift of Indian Society
11. Vidyasagar : Society and Value
Appendix I: About the Thinkers
Appendix II: Some Contemporary Indian Philosophers