Integral Philosophy ...
Integral Philosophy of Sri Aurobindoby: Aparna Banerjee
The book is an analytical study of the philosophy of Sri Aurobindo with special reference to his ideas on socio-political issues, nationalism, morality and stateless society besides the dangers of imposed uniformity with disregard for difference.
Year Of Publication: 2012
Pages : vii, 152p.
Bibliographic Details : Bibliography; Index
Language : English
Binding : Hardcover
Publisher: Decent Books
The book is an in-depth study of the integral philosophy of Sri Aurobindo. It throws light on his fundamental ideas on socio-political issues and concepts relating to Yoga and knowledge. The well researched writings pointedly examine Sri Aurobindos views on nationalism, Western imperialism, morality, stateless society, human relations and education among other such subjects. Quoting liberally from Sri Aurobindo the volume delves deep into his understanding of the divine and the human; the nation as characterized by spirituality; and spiritual transformation relying on the brotherhood of all humans as multiple expressions of the same godhead. His philosophy of integral monism and the way Aurobindo makes frequent references to Hindu scriptures: the Vedas, the Upanishads and the Puranas has been highlighted in particular. How Sri Aurobindo stresses throughout on the dangers of imposed uniformity with total disregard for difference has been brought into focus.
Based on an analytical study of Sri Aurobindos philosophy and offering fresh approaches, the volume will interest both, the students and scholars of modern Indian philosophy and Indology in general.
1. Identity and Difference : Some Reflections on Sri Aurobindos Socio-political Views
2. Nationalism or Transcendence? : Some Reflections on Sri Aurobindos Philosophy
3. The Western Imperialistic Challenge : Aurobindo, Tilak and Gokhale
4. Some Central Ideas in Sri Aurobindos Moral Philosophy
5. Some Reflections on Sri Aurobindos Concept of Stateless Society
6. The Ideal of Human Relations : Sri Aurobindos Global Perspective
7. Sri Aurobindo and His Philosophy of Education
8. Yoga and Knowledge