Aparna Banerjee is Associate Professor in Philosophy, University of Calcutta. She is the author of Explanation and Understanding in the Social Sciences (2002). She has also co-edited the book Ethics: Classical and Contemporary Issues (2010). Another anthology, entitled Morality and Religion: Some Reflections has been co-edited by her which is presently in the press. She has also authored various articles which have been published in various reputed anthologies and journals. Many of these articles are on Sri Aurobindo’s philosophy. Her areas of interest are primarily Phenomenology, Social and Political Philosophy, Ethics and Contemporary Indian Philosophy.
1. Awarded University Medal for securing the highest marks among the regular students in Philosophy, at the M.A. Examination, held in 1975.
2. Awarded Satish Chandra De Gold Medal for securing the highest marks in First Class combining all the different courses of M.A. Examination, 1975.
3. Awarded Puspa Roy Gold Medal for securing the highest marks in First Class among the girl students at the M.A. Examination, 1975.
1. Ideal Types in Social Science, Jadavpur Journal of Philosophy, vol. 6, no. 2, 1994.
2. Can we have True Stories in History? Jadavpur Journal of Philosophy, vol. 8, no. 1, 1996.
3. Explanation in Social Science, Social Sciences Research Journal, vol. 5, no. 1&2, 1997.
4. Inequalities and the Indian Csste System, Jadavpur Journal of Philosophy, vol. 12, nos. 1&2, 2000.
5. Can Justice and Equity be Accommodated within the Caste System? Sandhan Journal of Centre for Studies in Civilizations, vol. V, no. 1, 2005.
The details of the rest of the papers are to be found in the Preface of the present anthology.
|There are no products|