Year Of Publication: 2023
Pages : xii, 132
Bibliographic Details : Bibliography, Index
Language : English
Binding : Hardcover
Publisher: D.K. Printworld Pvt. Ltd.
The book investigates some of the most discoursed conducts centring around the characters in the Mahabharata, concluding that these characters reinstate ‘purusartha’ (four basic aspects of human existence) and its relevance in shaping constructive social–political standards and assuring intellectual, emotional and spiritual evolution for individuals from all walks of life. Through rationalized arguments, the book debunks age-old attitudes/perceptions that have kept these characters from being understood from beyond. This way, the book shifts its focus from studying the epic solely for its sacredness to seeking its relevance in the modern way of life and ways in which it can offer guidance through present-day challenges and struggles.
1. All Beginnings Must Have an End
3. Yudhisthira: The Epitome of Dharma
4. Bhisma: The Great Grandfather of the Kurus
5. Krsna: The God Who Speaks and Acts at the Right Place and Time
6. The Androgynous Powers: Brhannala, Sikhandi, and Sthuna