Handbook of Yoga-Nid...
Handbook of Yoga-Nidraby: Kamakhya Kumar
Mental imbalances due to psychological crises are the root cause of many physical and mental diseases. Yoga-nidra is the best therapy to induce complete physical, mental and emotional relaxation. It stimulates sleep in insomniacs and has come very effective in treating pain, neurosis and even disability.
Year Of Publication: 2018
Pages : xiv, 146p.
Language : English
Binding : Paperback
Publisher: D.K. Printworld Pvt. Ltd.
Foreword By : Pranav Pandya
The psychological crisis of this age is one of the severest challenges that human race has ever faced. Mental imbalances and their manifestations in the form of psychosomatic diseases pose serious health threat. To address this challenge, Indian yogis have found a wonderful relaxation technique yoga-nidra. They were fully aware that the inner tensions or imbalances of an individual can be best dealt with inner peace. The yogic texts unequivocally emphasize that peace can only be found within.
This volume deals with varied aspects of yoga-nidra and delves deep into its relationship with the stages of sleep, dream and samadhi. It highlights the topic in such a way that among the numerous relaxation therapies, yoga-nidrà is the best to induce complete physical, mental and emotional relaxation. It peels off the subliminal sheath of conscious mind that covers the inner core of the unconscious mind. Yoga-nidra is a state between sleep and samadhi, a half-sleep, a half-waking state. It removes fluctuations from all planes of mind. It helps insomniacs by stimulating sleep. This title underlines the regular usage of yoga-nidra in treating pain, neurosis and even disability. It also provides the practical utility of yoga-nidra with lots of evidences on the basis of experimental studies. Their references are well mentioned into it, which will help the scholars in their further studies and research.
This book should benefit the patients of insomnia, psychiatrists and all those who want to dwell in the bosom of mental peace, and those who are determined to experience the higher levels of meditation.
Foreword Pranav Pandya
1. History of Yoga-Nidra
2. Yoga-Nidra in Scriptures
3. Yoga-Nidra in Relation to Sleep
4. Yoga-Nidra in Relation to Dream
5. Yoga-Nidra in Relation to Samadhi
6. Stages of Consciousness and Yoga-Nidra
7. Yoga-Nidra and the Views of Authors
8. Scientific Bases of Yoga-Nidra
9. Previous Studies on Yoga-Nidra
10. Yoga-Nidra and Human Physiology
11. Alpha EEG, GSR and Yoga-Nidra
12. Haematological Profile and Yoga-Nidra
13. Yoga-Nidra for Memory and Well-being
14. StressAnxiety and Yoga-Nidra
15. Psychological Changes and Yoga-Nidra
16. Effect of Yoga-Nidra on Hypertension
17. Suggestions for Further Researches
18. Experience the Yoga-Nidra