Reflections on the M...
Reflections on the Man and His MindA Festschrift on the 85th Birthday of Koneru Ramakrishna Rao by: B. Nalini , Rosetta Joseph
This Festschrift contains reminiscences, reflections, special messages and papers by scholars and academicians from around the globe who are familiar with Prof. K. Ramakrishna Raos epoch-making contributions; and memoirs of Prof. Rao titled Wide Open Horizons: A Short Story of My Tryst with Destiny, an intellectual delight.
Year Of Publication: 2018
Pages : xxxxv, 360
Bibliographic Details : Bibliography
Language : English
Binding : Hardcover
Publisher: D.K. Printworld Pvt. Ltd.
Reflections on the Man, the Mind and the Mission; a Festschrift on the 85th Birthday of Koneru Ramakrishna Rao is a humble tribute to Prof. Koneru Ramakrishna Rao, one of the tallest scholars of our times. This Festschrift contains reminiscences, reflections and papers by scholars and academicians from around the globe who are familiar with Prof. Raos epoch-making contributions. The book also contains special messages from luminaries in diverse disciplines who are friends and admirers of Prof. Rao. Scholarly reviews of some of his most recent books have also been included. The volume concludes with the brief memoirs of Prof. Rao titled Wide Open Horizons: A Short Story of My Tryst with Destiny, an intellectual delight.
Prof. Rao is a scholar, philosopher, scientist, educationist, leader and visionary with an incredible ability to live his amazing dreams. He dabbles with the intricacies of Psychology and Parapsychology, Philosophy and Yoga, Consciousness Studies and Gandhian Thought, Educational Administration and Information Science, with equal ease and astounding finesse. And above all, here is a man untouched by time. In his 85th year, he is more active than ever before, enriching academia and society at large with his erudition and philosophical acumen, profound thought and most exemplary leadership. The year 2017 will see the publication of his five remarkable volumes.
Tributes from Around the Globe
Glimpses of a Memorable Life
1. Tireless Body and Ageless Mind: The Sixty-Five Year Academic Odyssey
Rositta Joseph Valiyamattam
2. Crusader of Parapsychology
John G. Kruth
3. Pioneer and Prime Promoter of Indian Psychology
4. A Philosopher in the Native Tradition: Sri Aurobindos Supermind and Raos Trishula
5. An Institution Builder Par Excellence
6. A Scholar Extraordinary
7. In the Glorious Realm of Yoga
8. EastWest Odyssey of a Pragmatic Visionary
9. Pursuit of Gandhis Dharma: Professor K. Ramakrishna Raos Perspective
B. Sambasiva Prasad
10. The Trident Model of BodyMind Consciousness: Bridging East and West
Sonali Bhatt Marwaha
11. Combating the Colonial Syndrome in Modern India
12. Consolidating a Great Science: Elements of Parapsychology
13. Radiating Eastern Wisdom: Foundations of Yoga Psychology
N. Deepa Mohan
14. Gandhis Dharma: Unravelling the Essence of Gandhian Thought
15. The Phenomenology of Violence: Deciphering Violence to Establish Lasting Peace
Rositta Joseph Valiyamattam
Some More Cherished Memories . . .
Wide Open Horizons: The Story of My Tryst with Destiny
Koneru Ramakrishna Rao
A Bibliography of the Writings of K.R. Rao