Dr Soma Basu, MA, Ph.D. is a well-known researcher and has worked on various projects in Kolkata and Mumbai. She began her teaching stint as a Lecturer and completed a UGC research project “Studies in Scientific Thoughts and Components in Vedic Literature” at the School of Vedic Studies, Rabindra Bharati University, where, at present, she is an Associate Professor.
Apart from developing proficiency in Sanskrit, she has mastered in German and Manuscriptology. She has participated in numerous national and international seminars, conferences and workshops, and presented papers on Buddhist Studies, Vedic Studies, Rites and Rituals, Smriti and Dharmasastra, Ancient Indian History, etc.
National Scholarship in School learning examination.
Secured 3rd position in Graduate Level from Burdwan University.
Secured 8th position in Post Graduate Level from Calcutta University.
Prachya Manisa Gavesana Mandiram, New Delhi
Sanskrta Sahitya Darisat, Kolkata
1. “Weapons of the Vedic & Buddhist Deities: A Study in Symbology”, in the Indian International Journal of Buddhist Studies, Sarnath 1997.
2. “Dalits in the Chandogyopanishad”, in the Journal of the Department of Sanskrit, vol. VII, ed. Prof. Subuddhicharan Goswamy, Rabindra Bharati University, Calcutta 1997.
3. “Indian Religion”, in the monograph entitled Encyclopedia of Ancient Indian Culture, ed. Prof. Dr. N.N. Bhattacharyya, New Delhi 1998.
4. “Aspects of the Rgvedic Warfare: A Study”, in Bharatvidya, vol. 2, ed. Prof. Bhasker Chattopadhyay, Burdwan 2003.
5. “Vedo dharmamulam”, in the Journal of Sanskrita Sahitya Parishad, vol. LXXXIII No. 4, ed. Prof. Karunasindhu Das, Calcutta 2003.
6. “Gods and Demy-gods: Concepts, Meaning and Relationship in the Ancient Indian Perspective”, in the monograph entitled The Vedas: Need for a New Appraisal (An Anthology), Kolkata 2003.
7. “A Brief Text Critical Analysis of Language and Social Values as Reflected in the Supriya sarthavaha jataka Contained in the Bhadrakalpavadana”, in the monograph entitled Buddhism in Global Perspective, ed. K. Sankarnarayana, Ichigo Ogawa and Rabindra Panth, Mumbal 2003.
8. “A Brief Text Critical Note on the Bhadrakalpavadana: A Store of Buddhist Narratives in Verse”, in the Indian International Journal of Buddhist Studies (Number – 4), ed. Sri Lalji Shravak, Sarnath 2003.
9. “Concept of Dharma in the Bhadrakalpavadana – A Boon to World Peace”, in the monograph entltied Contribution of Buddhism to World Culture, ed. K. Sankarnarayana, Ichigo Ogawa and Rabindra Panth, Mumbai 2006.
10. “Dharmasastra vivahasvarupavisesah”, in the Journal of Sanskrita Sahitya Parishad, ed. Prof. Karunasindhu das, Calcutta 2006.
11. “Some Ancient Indian Legends and Beliefs: A Comparative Analysis”, in Rabindra Bharati Patrika, vol. 9, ed. Prof. Karunasindhu Das, Calcutta 2006.
12. “A Glimpse of Military Science in the Rgveda – The Art of Making Chariot”, in the proceedings of the National Seminar entitled Bharatiya Heritage in Engineering & Technology, May 2006.
13. “Concept of Weapons to Offend and Defend – A Glimpse of Military Science in the Vedic Period”, in Summaries of Papers, 13th World Sanskrit Conference, Edinburg, 2006.
14. “Peace of War”, in Bhavan’s Journal, vol. 54, no. 9, Christmas Issue (15th December), Mumbai: Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, 2007.
15. “Concept of Science in Weaponry: Pre-Vedic and Vedic Era”, in Vedic Studies, vol. III, ed. Prof. Nabanarayana Bandyopadhyay, School of Vedic Studies, Kolkata, 2007.
16. “Agni in the Rgveda – A Scientific Voew” (Jointly with Prof. R.K. Saha), in Vedic Studies, vol. IIIm ed. Prof. Nabanarayan Bandopathyay School of Vedic Studies, Kolkata – 2007.
17. “Buddhist Culture as Reflected in Social and Religious Concept in the Lalitavistara”, in the Summaries of Papers, 5th Bi Annual International Conference on Buddhist Culture in Asia-Unity in Diversity, jointly organized by K.J. Somajya Centre for Buddhist Studies, Mumbai, Dept. of Philosophy, Mumbai University, Nava Nalanda Maha Vihar, Nalanda, January 9-13, 2008.
18. “Text-critical Edition of Pakayananirnaya: Its Importance as a Grihy Prayoga Text”, in the Summaries of Papers, All India Oriental Conference, 44th session, Kurukshetra, 28-30 July 2008.
19. “Practising Domestic Rituals in the Vedic Tradition: Its Present-day Relevance in the North-East”, in the Abstracts, National Seminar on Vedic Heritage of North-East Region, Guwahati, 2009.
20. Monograph entitled Vede samsay o nastikya by Prof. Sukumari Bhattacharji (in Bengali) Paschimbanga Bangla Akadely, Kolkata, 2000, completely translated in English entitled Scepticism and Atheism in the Vedas (in press).
21. “Agni in the Rgveda in the Light of the Physical Science”, in Summaries of Papers, International Seminar on Science and Technology in Ancient Indian Texts (STAITS), Special Centre for Sanskrit Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, January 9-10, 2010.
22. Article entitled “How does everything begin: A Note on Scepticism from the Rgvedic Perspective” in Creation and Existence in Indian Tradition (in English and Sanskrit, Ancient Indian Literary Heritage, vol. III) (Proceedings of the 13th India Conference of Wider Association for the Vedic Studies (WAVES) held at the South Campus, Delhi University, New Delhi), ed. Dr. Shashi Tiwari, Pratibha Prakashan, New Delhi, 2011.
23. Article entitled “Concept of Agni in the Rgveda in the Light of the Physical Sciences”, in Science and Technology in Ancient Indian Texts (Proceedings of the Seminar titled Science and technology in Ancient texts STAIT, organixed by the Special Centre of Sanskrit Studies, JNU, New Delhi), ed. Bal Ram Singh, Girish Nath Jha et al., DKPW, New Delhi, 2012.
24. Article on “Family from Social Perspective: Vedic Thought Revolution”, in the Veda and Thought Revolution Souvenir of the International Vedic Conference & 15th India Conference of Wider Association for the Vedic Studies (WAVES) organized jointly by Dev Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya (DSVV), Hardwar and WAVES, India and WAVES, USA, 14-17 March 2012.
25. Ed. Vedic Studies (Journal of the School of Vedic Studies), vol. V: 2010, pub. March 2011 as a member of the Board of Editors.
26. Article on “Belief in Values: Vedic Way for Tolerance and Harmony”, in Vedic Studies (Journal of the School of Vedic Studies), vol. V: 2010, pub. March 2011.
27. Article on “Value System in the Vedas and Upanishad: An Overview”, jointly with Prof. Nabanarayan Bandyopadhyay in Vedic Studies (Journal of the School of Vedic Studies), vol. V: 2010, pub. March 2011.
28. “punthi charchar du’ek katha: ekal o sekal” (in Bengali) in the “Dainik Sambad” News Daily, March 2011.
29. Pamphlet Series: ed. Nature of Great Spiritual Wisdom (mahajnana), the mode of its Descent in Vedic and Tantric Tradition, Prof. Sures Chandra Banerji Memorial Lecture Series No. 1, School of Vedic Studies, Rabindra Bharati University, March 2012 as a member of the Board of Editors.
30. “Concept of Marriage and its Forms: Ancient Indian Perspective”, in Abstracts of Papers of the National Seminar on Vivaha Samskara organized by the Kalpa Heritage trust and Avadhoota Datta Peetham, Mysore, 14-16 October 2011.
31. Ed. Abstract of Papers of National Seminar on Veda-lakshana Texts : Search and Analysis” organized by the School of Vedic Studies under the auspices of the National Mission for Manuscripts, Indira Gandhi Centre for the Arts, New Delhi, 12-14 2012 as a member of the Board of Editors.
32. Completed Course in German Language (Level II) conducted by School of Language and Culture, Rabidra Bharati University, March 2012.
|There are no products|