Dr. Parmeshwari Lal Gupta was a distinguished numismatist, with international recognition. And, this besides, an educationist, a social reformer, a journalist, a museologist, a litterateur, and a tireless researcher — all rolled into one: into his one versatile personality. Also an Honorary Fellow of Numismatic Society of India (Elected 1974), Honorary Member of International Numismatic Commission (Elected 1986), and Honorary Fellow of Royal Numismatic Society, London (Elected 1975), Royal Asiatic Society of Great Britain, and Asiatic Society of Bombay (both elected in 1993), he has chaired History/Archaeology/Fine Arts/Numismatics sections of various national and international conferences.
Dr. Gupta was a prolific writer too, credited with the authorship of over 30 books and 250 research papers on diverse themes from his several specialized disciplines. Among his other achievements, he was the recipient of many prestigious awards/honours, including Huntington Medal, Lhotka Memorial Prize, Royal Numismatic Society’s Medal, and Sir J. Sarkar Gold Medal.
1. Member, Committee for Identifying Art Objects of National Importance (Numismatics and Epigraphy), Government of India (1988)
2. Chairman, State Coin Committee, Uttar Pradesh (since 1984)
3. Member, National Art Purchase Committee, Government of India, 1976-1985)
1. Coins (In the series-India-Land & People of Book trust of India)
2. Amaravati Hoard of Silver Punch-marked Coins.
3. Early Coins of Kerala
4. Roman Coins from Andhra Pradesh Government Museum
5. Bibliography of Hoards of the Punch-marked Coins of Ancient India
6. Punch-marked coins from Andhra Pradesh Government Museum
7. Bibliography of Indian Coins (4 Vols.)
8. Coin Hoards from Maharashtra
9. Coin Hoards from Gujarat State
10. A Survey of Indian Numismatography
11. Coins-Source of Indian History
12. Hamare Desh Ke Sikke (In Hindi)
13. Puratatva Parichaya (Introduction of Archaeology in Hindi)
14. Bhartiya Vastu-kala (Introduction of Ancient Indian architectural monuments in Hindi)
15. Prachin Bharat ke Pramukha Abhilekha (in Hindi, Epigraphy)
16. Gangetic Valley Terracotta Art.
17. Patna Museum Catalogue of Antiquitier (Edited)
18. Gupta Gold Coins in Bharat Kala Bhavan.
19. Punch Marked Coins of Ancient India.
20. Catalogue of India Coins in British Museum.
21. Kusana Coins and History.
22. Paper Money of India.
About 250 Research papers published on Indian History, Numismatics, Ancient Indian Art, Epigraphy, Archaeology and Indian Literature in various reputed research journals of India and abroad.
|There are no products|