Dr. L. Thara Bhai, Ph.D., has been associated with the International Sociological Association as Vice President of RC22 and is a member of the Managing Committee of the Indian Sociological Association. She has specialised in religion and state, women’s studies and gerontology and her research works include Woman in New Professions and Status of Widows in Contemporary Tamil Nadu.
Standing Committee member of UGC for Ambedkar Studies
Visiting Professor: University of Helsinki, Finland, April-May 1997.
Selected under Indo — Hungarian Cultural Exchange Programme to visit Hungary in 1990.
Served as Consultant, Sundaram Textiles, Madurai (TVS Group) for the preparation of their memoir Booklet
1. Micro Credit and Social Capitalism in Rural Tamil Nadu, Social Welfare, Vol. 50, No. 10, Jan. 2004.
2. Male Ego and Women Empowerment, Focus, a quarterly from Publications Division, Postal Training Centre, Madurai, October, 2002.
3. Forward written for Gender Equality: Challenges and Approaches. M.V. Nagarajan (ed) DDE, MKU 2002.
4. Analysis of the Concept-Social Movements, Kerala Sociologist, Journal of Kerala Sociological Society, Vol. XXVI, No. 1, June 1998.
5. Sociology and Develpment, Kerala Sociologist, Journal of Kerala Sociological Society, Vol. XXV, No. 1, June 1997.
6. Press and the Women’s Status, Dua, M.R. and Manonmani, T. (Eds.) Communication and Culture: New perspectives and Applications, New Delhi, Galgotia Publishing Company, 1987.
7. Death — The Heaven of Girls, Madhyam, Vol. X, No. 1, 1996.
8. Emergence of Shrines in Rural Tamil Nadu: A Study of Little Tradition, Sociological Bulletin, Vol. 44, No. 1, March 1995.
9. Philosophy of Hindu Families: An Analysis through Epics, Silver Jubilee Souvenir, Department of Sociology, Madurai College, 1995.
10. Hinduism Past, Present and the Future’s in Religious Sans Frontiers edited by Roberto Cipriani Presidnza Del Consiglio Dei Ministri, Italy, 1994.
11. Nature and Growth of Religion in Rural India: Consequence of Inter — Group and Inter — Group Communication, Journal of Theological Reflections, Arasaradi, Vol. VII, July-December, 1994.
12. Hinduism: It’s Past, Present and Future Trends, UNITE National Integration Journal, Indian Institute of National Integration, Vol. 3, No. 1&2, December 1994.
13. Retrospect and Prospects of D.K. Movement: A Spatial Analysis of the Social Pollution Eradication Movement in Tamil Nadu, Journal of Asian Studies, Vol. IX, 1992, pp. 21-34, No. 2, March.
14. Kumaran, K.P. Migration, Settlement and Ethic Association (Book Review), Sociological Bulletin, Vol. 41, No. 1 and 2, March 1992.
15. Social Justice: A Sociological Point of View, Souvenir, MKU-MBA Alumni Association, Department of Management Studies, 1991.
16. Perspectives of Women Foresters in the South, Women in Natural Resources, Vol. 1-12, 20-23, June 1991.
17. Historical Development of the Growth of a Temple, Kerala Sociologist, 1989.
18. Social Indicators, Indian Review of Management and Futures, 1989: 2&3.
19. Status of Women — Emerging Trend in India, Indian Review of Management and Future, 1988, 2&3.
20. Approaches to the Study of Social Stratification, Kerala Sociologist Journal of the Kerala Sociological Society, Vol. XVI, June 1988.
21. Manipur A Tribal Scene, A Book Review, Review Projector (India), Vol. Nos. 9 and 10.
22. Sociological Development of Women: Impact of School Education “Individual Values and Changing Press”, Historia, Vol. 1, January.
23. Communication — Sociological Perspective, Kerala Sociologist Journal of the Kerala Sociological Society, Vol. XII, June 1984.
24. Periodials in Kerala — A Functional Analysis, Kerala Sociologist Journal of the Kerala Sociological Society, Vol. XI, June 1983.
25. Individual Values and Changing Press, Historia, Vol. 1, January 1981.
26. Stratification in Traditional Indian Family, Souvenir, Madurai Malayala Samajam, 1981.
27. Mass Movements and Awakening of Women”, Indian Women, Gandhi Museum, Madurai 1981 (Mimeographed).
28. Reporting the Research, Orientation Programme in Research Methodology for College Teachers, Department of Sociology, Madurai kamaraj University, 1978, Mimeographed.
29. Caste Stratification in South Travancore Region, Journal of Kerala Studies Vol. I, Part III and IV.
30. Social Aspects of Political Leadership — A Case Study in three Villages at Kanyakumari District, Peninsular, Department of Political, Science, Madurai Kamaraj University.
31. Emerging Pattern of Leadership in Kerala, Indian Express, April 21, 1976.
32. Festivals of Kerala — A Sociological, Souvenir XI Biennial Conference, Home Science Association of India, 1973.
|There are no products|