Dr. Kanai Lal Hazra is one of the better-known scholars of Pali language, Pali literature, and Buddhist studies. And is an equally reputed author. Among his so-far-published works figure titles, like, History of Theravada Buddhism in South-East Asia; Royal Patronage of Buddhism in Ancient India; the Adi Buddha; Constitution of the Buddhist Sangha; and Studies on Pali Commentaries.
Currently, Dr. Hazra is Reader in the Department of Pali, Calcutta University, Calcutta.
Obtained Gold Medal for heading the list in Class I in the M.A. Examination in Pali of the year 1958, Calcutta University, Calcutta.
1. Religious Intercourse between Cambodia and Laos, The Maha Bodhi, Vol. 79, No. 9, 1971.
2. Religious Intercourse between Ceylon and Siam (Thailand), The Maha Bodhi, Vol. 88, B.E. 2515, No. 7, July 1972, Calcutta.
3. Sources for the Study of Ceylon’s Relations with South-east Asia, Calcutta Orientlists, Vol. I, No. 1, 1972.
4. The Introduction and Development of the Sihala Sangha, The Maha Bodhi, Vol. 88, B.E. 2516, No. 12, 1972.
5. Importance of the Junakalamali and the Camadevivamsa for the Study of Siamese Buddhism, The Maha Bodhi, Vol. 81, B.E. 2517, No. 8, 1973.
6. Tilakapanattu’s Contribution to Siamese Buddhism, The Maha Bodhi, Vol. 81, No. 5-6, 1973.
7. Some Conservations on the Sangitivamsa, Journal of Calcutta Orientalists, Calcutta, 1974.
8. King Mongkut of Siam, His Life and his Religion, The Mahabodhi, Vol. 82, B.E. 2517, No. 1, 1974.
9. Atisa (A.D. 982-1854), Atish Dipankar Millennium birth Communication, Vol., January 1983, A Jagajjyoti Publication, Special number on Atish Dipankar, Bauddha Dharmankur sabha, 1 Buddhist Temple Street, Calcutta.
10. Buddhism in Ancient Bengal, Journal of the Department of Pali, Vol. II, 1984-85, University of Calcutta.
11. Studies in Sun Worship in Ancient India, Journal of the Department of Pali, Vol. III, 1985-86, University of Calcutta.
12. A Study on Saktism or the sakti Cult in Ancient India, Journal of the Department of Pali, Vol. IV, 1987-88, University of Calcutta.
13. Indo-Afghan Friendship, Journal of the Department of Pali, Vol. II, 2002, University of Calcutta.
14. Vaishnavism and the Non-Brahmanical Faiths of Ancient India: The Ajivikas, Jainism and Buddhism, Journal of the Department of Pali, University of Calcutta, Vol. V, 1989-90.
|There are no products|