Bidyut Lata Ray (Ph.D) is a noted Sanskrit scholar who has been researching on Sanskrit and teaching the subject for over three decades. She has contributed a number of research papers and articles on Jagannatha cult, Vedic and Puranic studies to reputed journals, periodicals and felicitation volumes and published monographs on the subject. She has been conferred with an honorary appointment to the Professional Women’s Advisory Board and to the Research Board of Advisors of the American Biographical Institute, Inc., Raleigh, North Carolina, USA.
1. Honorary Appointment to the Research Board of Advisors, 1999, ABI, Inc., USA.
2. Honorary Appointment to the Professional Women’s Advisory Board, 1999, ABI, Inc., USA.
3. Selected for the Award of the Volumes of the Vedic Bibliography by B.O.R.I., Poona.
4. Selected as Research Associate in the centre of Advanced Studies in Humanities and Social Sciences, Shimla.
1. All-India Oriental Conference, Pune.
2. Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute, Pune.
3. Vishveswarananda Vedic Research Institute, Hoshiarpur.
4. All Orissa College Teachers’ Association in Sanskrit, Bhubaneswar.
5. Sree Sarada Education Society, Chennai.
6. United Writers’ Association, Chennai.
1. The Role of Four Varnas During the Time of Niladri-Mahodaya, Purana, Vol. XXIV, No. 2, 1982.
2. The Niladri-Mahodayam: A Purana of Jagannatha Tattva and Jagannath Mahatmya, Vishveshvaranand Indological Journal, Vol. XX, 1982.
3. Geography of Odradesa in the Niladri-Mahodayam, Sapthagiri, Vol. XIII, 1982.
4. The elements of Jagannatha-cult as depicted in the Siddhanta-Darpana, Jnanamrtam, Dr. A.C. Swain, Felicitation Volume, 1985.
5. A Critical Study on the Puranic Geographical Account with special reference to the Niladri-Mahodayam, The Annals, B.O.R. Institute, Vol. LXVI, 1986.
6. The Car festival of Lord Jagannatha as depicted in the Niladri-Mahodayam, Haryana Sahitya Academic Journal of Indological Studies, Vol. I, No. 1, 1986.
7. The Boundaries of Utkal and its allied territories in the History and the Puranas, Vishveshvaranand Indological Journal, Vol. XXIV, Pts. i-ii, 1986.
8. The Boundaries of Utkal and its allied Territories in the works of Kalidasa, Orissa Historical Journal, Vol. XXXIII, No. 1&2, 1987.
9. Purushottamavada and Lord Jagannatha, Haryana Sahitya Academic Journal of Indological Studies, Vol. II, No. 1&2, 1987.
10. Chaitanyaism and Jagannathism, IOADS, Cuttack, 1984.
11. Vedic Women: Their Status and Position, AIOC, Hardwar Session, 1990.
12. Date of Niladri-Mahodayam, 8th World Sanskrit Conference (Vienna), 1990.
13. Geographical Aspects of the Vedas, IXth World Sanskrit Conference (Melbourne), 1994.
14. Navakalevara Ceremony of Lord Jagannatha, Orissa Review, Vol. LII, No. 12, 1996.
15. The Antiquity of the Chariot, Orissa Review, Vol. LIII, No. 12, 1997.
16. Vedic View of the Rath, Orissa Review, Vol. LIV, No. 11, 1998.
17. Rigvedic Flora and Fauna, VGL, Vol. XXXI-XXXII, Pts. i-iv, 1993-94.
18. Patronage of Gupta – Rulers for Sanskrit Literature, VIJ, Vol. XXIX, Pts. i-ii, 1991.
19. Concept of the Earth in the Vedas, SSES Research Centre paper Series, No. 1, 2000.
20. A Cultural Survey of the deities in the inner and outer compound of the Jagannatha Temple with special reference to Vamadeva Samhita, VIJ, Vols. XXXIII-XXXIV, Pts. i-iv, 1995-1996.
21. The Concept of Matter, Energy and Life in the Veda, VIJ, Vols. XXXV-XXXVI, 1997-98.
22. Metaphysical attributes of Jagannathism in perspective of the Niladri-Mahodayam, Sri Jagannathajyoti, Vol. 6, 2001.
23. Philosophy of Jagannathism as depicted in the Vamadeva Samhita, Research Bulletin, VVRI, Vol. I, 2002.
24. Seas and Oceans in the Veda, VIJ, Vols. XXVII-XXXVIII, 1999-2000.
25. Vedic Background of Jagannatha Cult in Geological perspective, VIJ, Vols. XXXVII-XXXVIII, 1999-2000.
26. Vedic Flora: A Study, Flora and Plant Kingdom in Sanskrit Literature, 2003.
27. Physical Geography of Ancient India in the Vedic perspective, Krishnamadhava Cintamani, Centenary Commemoration, Vol. 1999.
28. Indian Origin of the Vedic Aryans, Harichar Satadalam, Acharya Dr. Harihar Jha Felicitation Vol., 2000.
29. Science in the Upanishads, Upanishat-Sri, 2001.
30. Vedic Environment and Ecology, Vedavijnana-Sri, 2002.
31. Rivers and Lakes in the Veda, Vani-Jyotih, Vols. XVII-XVIII, 2003.
|There are no products|