Archana Malik-Goure is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Philosophy, University of Mumbai. She has specialized in Indian philosophy with special reference to ethics and contemporary schools, logic and analytic philosophy. She has also been working in the area from the perspective of gender debates. Her book Status of Women Asceticism in Jaina and Buddhist Tradition, examines the position of women in both these traditions; it also brings out the gendered implications of their ethical codes. She has presented and published research papers at national and international fora. Dr Malik-Goure is currently working on a comparative study of Indian and Greek conceptions of virtue.
1. Dr. D.G. Moses Gold Medal, M.A. in Philosophy, 1999.
2. Dr. Surendra Barlinge Pratishthan, Nagpur-Pune Neritorious award for 1999.
3. XXXth Session Prize of the Indian Philosophical Congress, Nagpur Session Prize, 1999.
1. Member of Nagpur University Philosophical Association.
2. Life member of Maharashtra Tattva-Jnana Parishad.
3. Life member of Bombay Philosophical Society.
4. Life member of Mahila Darshanika Parishad.
5. Life member of Akhil Bhartiya Darshan Parishad
6. Life member of Indian Philosophical Congress.
1. Jaina view about women Asceticism, Abhivyakti Biannual Research Journal, Vol. II, Deoria U.P., 2010.
2. Place of women in the Buddhist Order, Book in Buddhism – The Way Towards Perfect Humanity, D.N.C. College, Nagpur, pp. 58-61, 2011.
3. Empowerment of women in Early Buddhism, Souvenir Pannapadipo: Relevance of Buddhist Philosophy in the Global World, PWS College, Pali & Ambedkar thought Research & Study Centre, Nagpur, pp. no. 125-27, 2011.
4. Dr. Ambedkar & His Philosophy towards Women Education, Book on Buddhism, Dr. Ambedkar’s Conversion to Buddhism & the 21st Century, DNC College, Nagpur, pp. 25-26, 2011.
5. Philosophical & Psychological Analysis of Terrorism, Book on Buddhism: Solution for Terrorism, DNC College, Nagpur, 2011.
6. Status of Women Asceticism in Jaina & Buddhist Tradition, Proceedings on Indian Culture, Indo Aryan Studies, Mumbai, pp. 65-67, 2011.
7. Law & Logic, Magzine, Dr. Ambedkar Law College, Nagpur, 2003.
Articles in (Marathi) published:
1. “Ahimsa-Jivanche Antim Sadhya Praptiche Amulya Sadhan” Article published in Paramarsha, vol. 26, p. 87, Dept. of Philosophy, Pune University, August-January 2005.
2. “Antarika Vikasasathi Mulya Shikshanache Mahatva”, Article published in Paramarsha, Published by University of Pune, vol. 27, pp. 81-84, August-October 2005.
3. “Stri Sanyasi – Jainancha Drushtikona”, Paramarsha, vol. 31, pp. 111-17, Nov. 09-April 10, Publisher Dept. of Philosophy, University of Pune.
Paper Presentation of Papers
1. “Nyaya Theory of Perception”, Seminar on Knowledge, The Indian & Western Views, Organised by Jainology Alumni Association, Mumbai University, 27th February 2005.
2. “Pratyaksha Praman: Nyaya aur Buddhaka Drushtikon”, Akhil Bharatiya Darshan Parishad 50th Adhivesgan, Organised by “Rani Durgavati University, Jabalpur, M.P.” 25-27 February 2006.
3. “Mulya Shikashaka Amulya Yogadan”, Akhil Bharatiya Darshan Parishad 51th Adhiveshan, Organised by Dept. of Philosophy University of Allahabad, 5-7 January 2007.
4. “Personal Identity” Akhil Bharatiya Darshan Parishad 52nd Adhiveshan, Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapittha, Banaras, 20-23 December 2007.
5. “Stri Sanyasi” Ek Vivad Ka Vishya, Akhil Bharatiya Darshan Parishad 53rd Adhiveshan, Gurukul Kangari University, Haridwar, 8-10 Nov. 2008.
6. “Jaina View About Women Asceticism”, International Conference, Shantiniketan, Kulkatta, 22-24 Nov. 2008.
7. “Buddhist View on Women Asceticiem”, 84th Indian Philosophical Congress, Dept. of Philosophy, University of Mumbai, 24-27 Oct. 2009.
8. “Bharatiya Darshan Yane Moksha Shastra”, Akhil Bharatiya Darshan Parishad, 54th Adhiveshan Dept. of Sanskrit Jammu University, Jammu, 6-8 Nov. 2009.
9. “Status of Woman in Buddhist Tradition”, 1st Asian Philosophical Congress, Indian Council of Philosophical Research, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, 6-9 March 2010.
10. “Buddhist Five Precepts & Brahmaviharas: Foundation of Human Life”, Session Religion and “Kautilya’s Means and Methods Applicable for 21st Century” Round Table-Kautilya Arthashastra Afro Asian Congress 2010, Dept. of Philosophy, University of Mumbai, 21-24 Oct. 2010.
11. “Stri-Sikshana-Mahata Phule Yanche Maharshtrala Yogdana”, Maharshtra Tatvajnna Parishad, D.T.S.S. College Malad, Mumbai, 11-13 Nov. 2010.
12. “Concept of Personhood in Early Buddhism”, International Seminar on “Conceptions of Personhood and their Limits – Inter/transcultural Explorations”, Dept. of Philosophy, University of Mumbai, Dept. of German, University of mumbai & Dept. of Philosophy, University of Cologne, Germany, 22-24 Feb. 2011.
13. “Jyotiba Phule: Maker of Modern India”, On the Celebration of M. Phule & Dr. Ambedkar Birth Anniversary Week, Organized by University of Mumbai from 7th to 14th April 2012.
14. “Women’s Education & Social Peace: Phule’s Philosophical Perspective”, National Seminar on Education for Peace, Department of Education, University of Mumbai, 5-7 Dec. 2012.
15. “Relevance of Vivekananda Philosophy in Modern India”, National Seminar on Emerging India & Vision of Swami Vivekananda, Adarsha College, Badlapur, 28-29 January 2013.
|There are no products|