History Today (Vol. ...
History Today (Vol. 11: 2010)Journal of the Indian History and Culture Society by: Vandana Kaushik
History Today is a journal devoted to History, Historical Archaeology, Studies of Manuscripts, Education, Literature, Linguistics, etc. The present volume is a reprint of an earlier issue containing ten articles written by eminent historians and art lovers.
Year Of Publication: 2010
Pages : 112p.
Language : English
Binding : Paperback
Publisher: Indian History and Culture Society
Size: 28 cm.
History Today is an official organ of the Indian History and Culture Society that is sincerely and single-mindedly devoted to history, historical archaeology, studies of manuscripts, education, literature, linguistics, etc.
The present volume, being a reprint of an earlier issue, contains eight articles written by eminent historians and art lovers. The subjects vary from Pattern of Urban Growth in northern India; shifting contours of Temple Patronage in Rajasthan; Tawaif and Khawas in erstwhile Hyderabad State; Islam and Islamic Iconoclasm in India; Prof. Habibs reaction to ASIs Report on Ayodhya; a critique of Habibs reaction; Rejection of Caste Inequalities by the Sikh Gurus; and use of Plastering Materials in Ancient India. The volume also carries Notes, News and New Source Material on the above topics.
The annual History Today journal has already published eight issues consecutively and has received high acclaim among historians, researchers and students.
1.Jinnah Launches Direct Action in May 1946 and Wrecking of the Interim Government in September, 1946
— Y. Krishan
2. Class Conflict in the Amaravati District of Maharashtra (fifth Century CE): Chammak Grant – A Case Study
— Raghavendra Vajpeyi
3. Land-Grants, Sati and Brahmana Widows in Early Medieval Period
— Saroj Gulati
4. Varanasi in the Gahadavala Period
— Ashish Kumar Dubey & D.P. Dubey
5. An Epigraphical Insight into the Administrative Units and Territorial Divisions under the Maitrakas
— Pankaj Sharma
6. Menanders Conversion to Buddhism: An Observation
— Renu Shukla
7. Greco-Roman Elements in Gandhara Art and Architecture
— Vinay Kumar
8. Discourses, Debates and Arts – Early Medieval Kerala Temples and Dissemination of Knowledge
— Gopi Krishna G.
9. Skanda/Karttikeya in the Art of Mathura
— Vinay Kumar Gupta
10. Cultural Interactions in Kerala – Crusade for an Equitable Society – A Case Study of Movements in Kerala against Untouchability, Unapproachability and Unseeability in the 20th Century
— T.P. Sankarankutty Nair
11. Metalurgical Investigations of a 18th Century Cannon
— P.P. Deshpande, M.A. More & S.V. Joshi
12. India-China Border through History
— Shakti Madhok
13. Ram, Ramayana and Ayodhya Verdict
— K.N. Dikshit
Notes, News & New Source Material
Some Rare Maratha Paintings
— Surekha Samant
Transfer of Benares to the British
— Shreya Pathak
National Seminar on My Country India
— Jyoti Marwah
Academic Activities of Indian History and Culture Society
Report of the XXXIII Annual Conference of Indian History and Culture Society
India and China – A Thousand years of Cultural Relations – Harprasad Ray (ed.)
— Saroj Gulati
Bhartiya Swatantrata Sangram mein Krantikario ka Yogdan
— Sandeep Srivastava & Mohit Srivastava
Victory over violence
— Acharya Gopilal Amar & Devendra K. Kaushik
Madhya Pradesh Ke Paryatan Sthalon Mein Aitihasik Anuprayog
— Sandeep Srivastava & Asha Joshi
New Life Members