Essays on Sri Aurobi...
Essays on Sri Aurobindoby: Aparajita Mukhopadhyay
This book presents a panorama of Sri Aurobindos philosophy from different perspectives. It is an enquiry to decide the domain of metaphysics by ensuring its difference from the realm of physics. Its aim is to understand the nature of Sri Aurobindos mystic, yogic, spiritual experience. This is a search for the divine life.
Year Of Publication: 2015
Edition: 1st edition
Pages : 287
Language : English
Binding : Hardcover
Publisher: D.K. Printworld Pvt. Ltd.
This anthology is a collection of eleven papers written by the distinguished scholars from different parts of India and abroad. This book presents a panorama of Sri Aurobindos philosophy from different perspectives. An endeavour has been made to explain Sri Aurobindos view regarding Integral Metaphysics, the system which accepts the ontology of both material world and consciousness.
This anthology is an enquiry to decide the domain of metaphysics by ensuring its difference from the realm of physics. Its aim is to understand the nature of Sri Aurobindos mystic, yogic, spiritual experience. This is a search for the divine life. It is an attempt to justify the instrumental value of evil as it helps to uplift us from this mundane world atmosphere. It determines the status of evil which is contrary to the Divine God, though emerges from that ultimate Real.
To focus on the aesthetic value of Sri Aurobindos poetic language Essays on Sri Aurobindo has included the discussion of his Savitri. It depicts Sri Aurobindos view about ideal woman who possesses the virtues of care, love, devotion and is also capable to rationally justify her opinion. This book represents his theory of education which emphasizes on learning of application, rather than gathering information. At the same time discussion of his humanistic approach helps us to realize our true self.
As this anthology encompasses different aspects of Sri Aurobindos thought it will satisfy the purpose of the academicians and scholars who are interested to understand his philosophy.
1. Sri Aurobindos Integral Metaphysics: Problems and Prospects
2. Spiritual Physics
3. Remarks on the Foundations of The Life Divine
4. Gods Last World: Sri Aurobindos Argument for Divine Life
5. Does the Delightful Absolute Provide for Evils?
6. Savitri as a Religio-Literary Composition
7. Sri Aurobindos Observations on Heraclitus, an Aphoristic Philosopher
Dilip Kumar Roy
8. Sri Aurobindo and Spiritual Humanism
9. Political Philosophy of Sri Aurobindo: A Critical Appreciation
Asok Kumar Mukhopadhyay
10. A Perspective on Inter-Personal Relation: A Journey from Jean-Paul Sartre to Sri Aurobindo
11. An Educationist in a Princely State: Sri Aurobindo and His Early Thoughts on Education