Consciousness, Gandhi and YogaAn Interdisciplinary, EastWest Odyssey of K. Ramakrishna Rao by: K. Ramakrishna Rao
This authoritative sourcebook reflects the extensive contributions of K.R. Rao over sixty years of professional engagement, blending theory and empirical research, leadership and scholarship, and classical and contemporary perspectives of Eastern and Western thoughts in a trans-disciplinary setting.
Year Of Publication: 2013
Pages : xvi, 384 +  p.
Bibliographic Details : 39, Colour photographs; Bibliography; Index
Language : English
Binding : Hardcover
Publisher: D.K. Printworld Pvt. Ltd.
Size: 25 cm.
Weight: 900 gm.
Consciousnes, Gandhi and Yoga explores the cross-cultural and interdisciplinary Odyssey of K. Ramakrishna Rao spanning over a period of sixty years. Rao’s journey is a voyage of discovery of hidden treasures of consciousness in both the East and the West; and this volume is an authoritative sourcebook detailing and discussing that voyage by scholars from around the world. We find here reflections on the extensive contributions of K.R. Rao which contain a rare, and in some ways unique, blend of theory and empirical research, leadership and scholarship, and classical and contemp-orary perspectives of Eastern and Western thoughts in a trans-disciplinary setting.
Ramakrishna Rao has carried out extensive empirical research collecting data on hidden human potentials and is engaged in providing for them appropriate conceptual framework and theoretical base in cross-cultural consciousness studies. Further, he creatively anchors Gandhian thought and practices to the current developments in consciousness studies.
The authors include Prof. Rao’s colleagues and contemporaries scattered around the globe and experts in consciousness studies, Gandhian thought, Yoga and parapsychology. They provide interesting insights into the life and work of Prof. Ramakrishna Rao.
The present volume is offered as an academic tribute as Prof. Rao crosses the 80th milestone in life’s journey and completes sixty years of professional engagement as a teacher and researcher.
B. Sambasiva Prasad
1. K.R. Rao on East-West Expressway: A Journey of Sixty-plus Years
2. Koneru Ramakrishna Rao: A PhilosopherScientistLeader
Hanu Rao and H. Kanthamani
3. Contributions of Prof. K. Ramakrishna Rao to Indian Psychology
Anand C. Paranjpe
4. Yoga and Parapsychology
5. How to Arrive at an Eastern Place from a Western Direction: Convergences and Divergences Among Samkhya Dualism, Advaita Non-dualism, the BodyMindConsciousness (Trident) Model and Reflexive Monism
6. The Search for Authentic Self: A Key Concern of Indian Psychology
Girishwar Misra and Shivantika Sharad
7. K. Ramakrishna Raos Mission to Link the Wisdom of East and West
8. Perspectives on Nature of Consciousness: Contributions of Prof. K. Ramakrishna Rao
9. Striving to Connect with the Roots: A Mentor Makes the Difference
Ajit K. Dalal
10. Gandhi, Rao and Applied Spirituality
11. Prof. K. Ramakrishna Raos Conception of Philosophy and His Contribution to It
12. Spirituality: The Essence of Gandhis Thought and Action
13. Science and Spirituality: Complementary Thesis of Prof. Rao Re-examined
14. Yoga, Parapsychology and Gandhi: Some Reflections
B. Sambasiva Prasad
15. Prof. K. Ramakrishna Rao: A PhilosopherPsychologist Extraordinaire
16. Prof. K. Ramakrishna Rao: An Outstanding Person and Scholar
17. Large Strides: A Short Note from His Younger Brother
Literary Works by Prof. K. Ramakrishna Rao