Rajendra Prasad, educated at Patna University and University of Michigan, retired from Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur where he held the chair of the Senior Professor of Philosophy and Head, Department of Humanities and Social Sciences. He has been a Fulbright/Smit-Mundt Fellow, a Rockefeller Foundation Fellow, thrice a National Lecturer of the UGC, a National Lecturer and Senior Fellow of the ICPR and, until recently, a National Fellow of the latter. Professor Prasad has been General President of Indian Philosophical Association, Akhil Bharatiya Darsan Parishad, and Indian Philosophical Congress. His publications include Darshana Shastra Ki Ruparekha (Hindi), Regularity, Normativity and Rules of Language, Karma, Causation and Retributive Morality, Aesthetics, Morality and Jivanmukti, and Ends and Means in Private and Public Life (edited). Besides, he has published numerous scholarly papers in several learned journals in India and abroad. He has edited the journals Indian Review of Philosophy and Darsanika Traimasika, and is currently a co-editor of Indian Philosophical Quarterly and Paramarsa.
Fulbright/Smith-Nundt Fellow, Rockfellow Foundation, Fellow. General President – Indian Philosophical Congress, Indian Association of Philosophy, National Fellow, ICPR, National Lecturer UGC (Twice), ICPR, President – Philosophy of Values and Ethics: World Congress of Philosophy (Twice)
Indian Philosophy Congress, also General President
Akhila Bharatiya Darshan Parishad, General President
President, DIVA (India)
1. An outline of Philosophy (Hindi), 1954, Reprinted and revised 10 times.
2. Rules of Language, Poona University, Pune, India, 1989
3. Karma, Causation and Retributive Morality, ICPR, New Delhi, 1989
4. Varnadharma, Nishkama Karma and Practical Morality, A Critical Essay on Applied Ethics, D.K. Printworld, New Delhi, 2000
5. Dharmakirti’s Theory of Inference: Revaluation and Reconstruction, 2002 Oxford University Press, New Delhi.
6. Aesthetics, Morality and Jivanmukti, Karnataka University, Dharwar, Karnataka, 1992.
7. (Ed.) Ends and Means in Private and Public Life, IIAS, Shimla, 1989
8. (In Preparation): Indian Philosophy of Morals: Conceptual and Analysis.
9. (Editing): Indian Philosophy of Morals: Historical and Developmental.
10. Articles: 125 in Indian and Foreign Journals
|There are no products|