Prof. P. George Victor (born: 1953), Professor of Philosophy, and Founder Director, Centre for Religious Studies, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam has been teaching Sankara Vedanta, and Western Philosophy for the post-graduate students for more than two decades.
He has participated in many seminars in India and abroad. He has organized the ‘First National Seminar on Teaching Philosophy in India’ in association with the editors of Teaching Philosophy journal, USA sponsored by ICPR during March 1998. His major published works include ‘Social Philosophy of Vedanta’, ‘Life and Teachings of Adi Sankaracarya’ and ‘Moral Science’.
Life Member: Indian Philosophical Congress
1. “Philosophy and Caste System”: in K. Wilson, Applied Philosophy, Gamaliel Printers and Publishers, Hyderabad, 1986.
2. “Individuals and Nations for Peace”: in G. Sundara Ramaiah & others (Ed), Buddhism and Peace: An Interdisciplinary Study, A.U. Press, Visakhapatnam, 1991.
3. “The Date of Sankaracarya” in Gautam Patel (Ed), Adi Sankaracarya: 12th Centenary Volume, Government of Gujarat, Gandhinagar, 1992.
4. “Ambedkar’s Life: A Search for Social Justice”: in K.S. Chalam (Ed.), The Relevance of Ambedkar in India, Rawat Publishers, Jaipur, 1993.
5. “Devotion in Sankara Advaita”: in R. Venkata Reddy (Ed.), The Indian Journal of Philosophic Studies, 6th Issue-1999, Osmania University, Hyderabad.
6. “Study of the Vedas” in B. Sambasiva Prasad and G. Vedaparayana (Ed.), Tattvanidhi, Felicitation volume in honor of Prof. C. Ramaiah, S.V. University, Tirupati, 1999.
7. “20th Century Perspectives of Advaita Vedanta”: “Pratap Seth Vedanta Lecture” in Shukla Sinha (Ed.), The Proceedins of the 74th Session of Indian Philosophical Congress, Magadh University, Bodhgaya, 20-30, Dec. 1999.
8. “Conversion, Culture, and Confusion” in Ken R. Gnanakan and Others (Ed.), Christian Contribution to nation Building, Theological Book Trust, Bangalore, 2000, pp. 195-207.
9. “Human Rights and Vedanta” in Bijayananda Kar (Ed.), Adi Sankara and His Relevance, Adi Sankara Vedanta Pratishthanam, Bhubaneswar, Sankara Jayanti 2002.
10. “Display Methods in Teaching Philosophy” in Teaching Philosophy in the Twenty-first Century, D.K. Printworld (P) Ltd, New Delhi, 2002, pp. 41-48.
11. “States and the Reservations John Rawls: Theory of Justice” in Social Relevance of Philosophy, D.K. Printworld (P) Ltd, New Delhi, 2002.
12. “Jivan-mukti and Spiritual Awakening in Radhakrishnan” in Studies in Vedanta: Essays in Honour of Professor S.S. Rama Rao Pappu, D.K. Printworld (P) Ltd., New Delhi, 2006, pp. 266-77.
13. “The Scholarly Tradition of China and Its Universality”, Papers of Beijing Forum-2007, Peking University, beijing, P.R. China, 2007, pp. 275-82.
14. “Is Indian Philosophy a Philosophy or Theology” in DP Chattopadhyaya (Ed.) Sandhan: Journal of Centre for Studies in Civilizations, New Delhi, Vol. VIII, July-December 2008.
15. “Jesus of Nazareth: Social Philosophy”: in Kristu Agamana Prakasini, March-April 1984 by Youth Gospel Crusade, Malakapalli.
16. “John MAckenzie on Hindu & Christian Ethics”: in Kristu Agamana Prakasini, Nov-Dec. 1984 by Youth Gospel Crusade, Malakapalli.
17. “Revolutionary Poetry – An Analysis”: in Udayam, Telugu Daily Newspaper, 23rd April 1985, Published from Hyderabad, Vijayawada.
18. “Estimates Turned Down: A Re-examination of Dawaleswaram and Polavaram Barrages”, in Udayam, Telugu Daily, 31st August 1986, Published from Hyderabad, Vijayawada.
19. “River Godavari in Floods and Peace: A Re-examination of Dawaleswaram and Polavaram Barrages”, in Udayam, Telugu Daily, 2nd September 1986, Published from Hyderabad, Vijayawada.
20. “The World Philosopher – Radhakrishnan”: in Udayam, Telugu Daily Newspaper, 4th September 1988, Published from Hyderabad, Vijayawada and Tirupati.
21. “Reservations in Jobs – An Analysis”: in Udayam, Telugu Daily Newspaper, 23rd September 1990, Published from Hyderabad, Vijayawada and Tirupati.
22. “Adi Sankaracharya”: in P.J. Sudhakar (Ed.), Yojana (Telugu), July 1997, Publication Division, Govt. of India, Public Gardens, Hyderabad.
23. “Socrates-Sharing Immortal Knowledge” in Andhra Prabha, Telugu Daily Newspaper, 20th November 2003, Published from Hyderabad, Vijayawada and Visakhapatnam.
|There are no products|